During the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) lockdown we, at Absolutely, continue to operate all of our courier services, under the current Government guidelines, providing we can satisfactorily minimise the potential risk to our colleagues and clients. Many of us are now working from home while most businesses continue to function at one level or another.
This displacement from our normal workplaces has created a need to get basic workplace items to people’s homes such as printers, PCs laptops and even desks and chairs for home working. Added to this is the huge increase in food home delivery and the constant, urgent need to get medical and protective supplies out to hospitals and doctors’ surgeries.
As members of the transportation and logistics industry, we have been officially designated by the Department of Transport and by the NHS as key workers (for the NHS we are delivering essential temperature-controlled medication to patients at home). In these difficult times, we are doing our best to safely support and help companies and organisations while following Government guidelines.
As part of the Absolutely COVID-19 Operating Guidelines for your safety, we are asking our customers to be aware of the following in terms of making bookings, arranging collections and accepting deliveries:
- ‘No Contact Collection and Delivery Practice‘ – Riders and drivers working with Absolutely, will not ask you to sign the delivery Handheld Device. Instead the driver will knock on the door/ring the doorbell, place the consignment on the doorstep, step back from the door by 2 meters and ask for you to confirm your name. The driver will then type your name into the Handheld Device to confirm delivery.
- For collections and pick up a similar process should be followed. You should ask the driver to maintain the correct distance back and the place the item (and any required supporting documents) on the doorstep, desktop or counter before then stepping back yourself to maintain the Government required distance between you both
- Our riders and drivers will be wearing masks and gloves for both your and their own protection.
- At the time of booking, we will request more detail regarding the collection and delivery to ensure the above processes can be safely executed, such as where exactly and how the item will be collected or left in a safe place. So please be prepared to provide the necessary additional information.
- If you have any special collection and delivery requirements, please contact us to discuss your needs or concerns
We appreciate that the situation in the UK remains fluid and liable to change. We will update the ‘Absolutely COVID-19 Operating Guidelines for your safety’ & ‘Operations Update – Absolutely’s approach to COVID-19‘, to reflect any change in Government guidelines or our own ability to operate or to provide a quality service.
We remain open for business and urgent deliveries
As London’s longest-serving courier we are continuing to deliver same day and overnight services across London and beyond. We have a fully operational fleet of vans, cargobikes, pushbikes, motorbikes and temperature-controlled vehicles.
Do not hesitate to contact us to discuss your collection and delivery needs.