09/04/2020 – Operational Update from Absolutely
Absolutely is committed to supporting our valued customers throughout this challenging time.
The safety of our clients and colleagues remains of paramount importance to us, and we would like to inform you of a number of updated processes and measures;
- Riders and drivers working with Absolutely, will not be required to take signatures at point of delivery should a client decline to sign the XDA device. In this instance, deliveries will be signed off by the driver who will request and enter the recipient’s name.
- At time of booking we will request more detail regarding the delivery, i.e., leave in a safe place or Permission to Post
- All drivers and riders have been issued with latex gloves and have access to hand sanitisers
- Remote working is in place for many of our colleagues to ensure business continuity, should there be a need to self-quarantine
Impact on service;
- We are seeing more deliveries moving outside of Central London, which is impacting journey times. Please allow extra time for collections and deliveries
- UK Overnight deliveries – APC are adopting the ‘No Contact Delivery Practice’. This is for the safety of both you and the driver. The delivery driver will not ask you to sign the delivery Hand held Device. Instead the driver will knock on the door/ring the door bell, place the consignment on the doorstep, step back from the door by 2 meters and ask for you to confirm your name. The driver will then type your name into the Delivery Hand held Device.
- International services are operating, however we are experiencing delays to most internationals routes. The scope of traffic lanes internationally is getting smaller and all the lanes left are being massively over squeezed.
- Our International service has now having to pass on an International emergency surcharge which our suppliers have introduced due to the increased pressures on the International network. This will be added at invoicing.
We continue to follow Government guidelines to ensure the safety of all our colleagues and clients alike. We will monitor the situation daily.
05/03/2020 – The impact and spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) are being reported daily. We recognise that our customers may be anxious about how we will operate, and continue to serve, during this time. However, currently the risk is deemed to be moderate and we continue to operate as normal.
Absolutely has followed all Government guidelines to ensure that our colleagues, and clients alike, are safe and protected and we would like to outline some measures we have put in place, within our business, to give you said assurance.
We have identified, and implemented, some simple ways to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the workplace, such as:
- Ensuring our workplace is clean and hygienic.
- Surfaces (desks/tables), objects and day to day work tools (keyboards/telephones/headsets) are wiped and disinfected throughout the day.
- Hand sanitising dispensers have been placed throughout our business. All colleagues have been guided to wash their hands at regular intervals throughout the day and/or use the dispensers.
- Increased cleaning activity to ensure thorough early morning and evening office cleans.
- Government guidelines and advice has been displayed on our internal intranet.
- Posters are displayed throughout our business covering good hygiene practice.
- Full access, and fully stocked, wash stations for all colleagues and contractors.
- Promotion of good respiratory hygiene in the workplace.
- Perk Box medical access, via video calls, to allow quick access to a GP.
Colleagues returning to work from abroad:
- We encourage all colleagues who have been abroad to affected areas, to self-quarantine and follow specific medical advice, if they develop flu like symptoms.
- Should a colleague develop a mild cough, or low-grade fever, they will remain at home and self-isolate and follow medical advice.
Business Continuity Plan:
Absolutely is aware that our business relies on people both from a customer support and logistics standpoint. We are totally committed to ensuring minimal disruption during this time and have therefore implemented the following:
- Flexible/home working for administration and office-based colleagues.
- Instructed our courier fleet to reduce physical contact i.e. shaking hands.
- Supplied antibacterial wipes to all our couriers to ensure when entering and leaving premises that these are used on hands and equipment.
- We advise customers to utilise our online booking portal, and live chat facilities, to reduce pressure on our customer services team.
We have not seen a decline in courier attendance, or colleague support, therefore we are confident that we will continue to operate and offer you the same high standard of service you expect.
We kindly request that our loyal clients understand the ever-changing situation the COVID-19 virus presents and the potential impact this may have on collection and delivery times.
Thank you for your ongoing support and custom.
Chief Executive Officer